Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Exhausted

It's been an exhausting day. 12 hours of work, plus various bits of editing work afterwards. I've also had to prepare for the upcoming interview with the major Japanese trader on Thursday, where now they're demanding we be completely familiar with 136 pages of training materials so that we can randomly demonstrate any part of it on the day. We were given the materials yesterday, so I've been trying to memorize as much as possible, but will probably have to wing it on the day. I think it's pretty unreasonable to expect us to be fully prepared with this, and it seems there must be a gap between what the Account Executives from our company are promising (the earth), and what can be reasonably delivered by us in such a short time frame. Our CEO yesterday said just so much yesterday, but that economic circumstances means we are in a weaker position, so must try and fit to what clients demand.
With all this work, I'm trying to figure out a way to also fit in the necessary training for the 10km next year. I've tried getting up a bit earlier, but it's been a struggle, truth be told, although the Sunday runs are much easier with the added obligation of working as a team. I'm also finding it difficult to fit in any gym time, which is something I'm really missing. Ideally, it would be great to have a home gym, but at present there's not enough space : (
Phew, I'm knacked. Off to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home