Monday, November 17, 2008

Autumnal day

A really lovely day today, with the leaves cascading down from the trees lining the Meguro river providing a splendid backdrop for my mid-afternoon run.
For one reason or another, we couldn't make it to the Lasik clinic yesterday, so will have to wait for another opportunity to go have my eyes tested to see if they're suitable for the operation. Actually, it gave me an opportunity to check out some others on-line, and I may go to another one I've located in Shinjuku, as it's cheaper. anyway, we'll see.
The economic downturn hasn't as yet bitten into my workload, thankfully, and I'm currently very busy. Must go see a major Japanese trader on Thursday for an interview and demo, to see whether they will give our company a big contract. It seems we're competing against a much smaller operation, who have been bad mouthing us at every opportunity. Hopefully, they'll see the quality we can bring to their training needs, and go with us.
My parents are going to be arriving in Japan in less than a month, and will be here for the Christmas and New Year festivities. Had planned to go to Hakone for some onsen action, but it seems all the major hotels are already booked up for Christmas week. For some reason Miyu doesn't want to stay in a Japanese style inn, preferring something more Western. I'm not too bothered either way, so the search continues.
Did I say I got into the Tokyo Marathon? Pretty impressive, as it was hugely over subscribed, with only a 1:17 chance of getting a place. I reckon it was because I put down I was British, as I know 3 Japanese who didn't get a place. Anyway, it gives Jopesh and I a real focus now, and a training plan is taking root.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home