Friday, November 28, 2008

An end (almost) t a busy week

My, it certainly has been a busy week for me. Even though we had a public holiday on the Monday, I packed in my usual schedule, work wise, into the remaining 5 days, so it's been quite exhausting.
I was able to fit in a couple of runs during this time, not including the usual Sunday morning scamper around the palace, but was unable to get to the gym. This'll be rectified tomorrow, where I'm hoping to fit in a long 2 hour session.
A really great exercise out of the gym has been pull ups, which I've been doing in the little park next to our mansion. Three variations, of overhand, underhand and parallelhand gives my upper body a really good workout. This I combine with press-ups, squats and sit ups, which can all be done on the little multi-slide, climbing structure for kids. As it's usually early in the morning, I'm not taking up any space that the kids would want to be on, so it's ideal.
Also, for some hamstring work, I do some high kicks to the front, whilst walking forward, which is good for stretching and flexibility, as well as coordination.
This Sunday, we're going to try for a 15km run around the palace, and Joseph has a new app for his iphone, which will hopefully more accurately monitor our progress, and give us some much needed feedback on how we're doing (previous attempts have been disrupted by what I can only guess as my frequency disruptors, which I emit around electronic devices!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home