Saturday, April 12, 2008

A lazy Saturday afternoon

Spring in my step and the sun is shining, all is good. Five tattered cats bask in the rays of April sun, in a concrete church yard not far from our house. I buy a bar of organic soap at the local supermarket, and the price charged is 25% lower than the display price. I go and buy another bar, and feel slightly naughty. It's the little things that keep us happy. I'm contemplating going to the gym to try my new routine. One rapid round of light, high rep weights and another of very heavy, low rep weights. But my body aches from a week of running. Running around like a rat in a race, but feel like running some more. Caught in a loop. I suddenly realize I don't have a hobby. Do I have room for a hobby? Time seems shorter now with Jay on the scene, not that it's a bad thing, but I do feel slightly uneasy not having a hobby (I don't think going to the gym counts - that's just exercise). Is my world contracting? Does it contract as we age? Do we get more tunnel visioned? Maybe, and that brings a slight melancholic smile to my face, the tears dried up long ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home