Sunday, January 20, 2008

One week on

Well, a week has passed since I decided to knock the booze on the head, and I must say it feels blooming marvelous! Most noticeably, my energy levels have shot through the roof and I feel much calmer. In addition, I'm happier on the whole and better able to organize myself. On the downside, it takes a while to get to sleep at night. Having that beer or wine before turning in certainly helped get one off to sleep, but it was often a disturbed sleep, having to wake at 3am to relieve the old bladder. Now I just sleep right through until the morning, and wake feeling refreshed. It's amazing really, that I'd kinda forgotten how it feels not to have the effects of alcohol in my bloodstream. I'd just gotten used to drinking a bit everyday, as it "relaxed me", but looking back on it having emerged from the fog, it had the direct opposite affect. I highly recommend it to anyone.
It's pretty darn cold here at the moment, but as is usual at this time of year, the sun shines through, and it helps lift the spirits. I've just spent a couple of hours, Sunday morning, playing with Jay, and now I'm going to go out for a quick workout at the gym. Then it's off to the shops to buy a new heater and some curtains - should help keep the apartment nice and toasty!
Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home