Friday, January 18, 2008

A glimpse

I was walking from Hatsudai to Shinjuku on Wednesday, as I had a bit of time on my hands after finishing a session at Apple. I passed a tiny dry cleaners, and I looked in to see an old lady sat behind a very small counter, surrounded by plastic wrapped clothing. Sitting on her lap was a boy of about two, happy as can be playing with a toy in front of him. The old lady had her hands around his waist, and his little legs were crossed in front of him. It stopped me in my tracks, that sight. I presumed the old lady was the child's grandmother, and she had this loving glaze on her face, exactly the same as what my mum looked like whenever Jay sat on her lap. A concentrated mix of proudness, concern and love which made me smile and at the same time choke up with tears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home