Friday, August 15, 2008

space

It's not often that you can say Tokyo feels uncrowded, but if you were to visit at the moment, you'll see that it's true. Why? Obon. People must head home at this time of year and pay respect to the ghosts of ancestors past, who are visiting at this time. If one chooses to stay in Tokyo, you'd notice that people kick back a bit, and the pace slows. The mad rush that is the pulse of this lively city takes a week long siesta. And that is where I am - in a hazy siesta. I feel older. A thought crossed my mind the other day thinking "wouldn't it be nice to buy a porsche". A sure sign that I am approaching my mid-life crisis. In view of this, and to lend it some clarity, I've decided to laser cut my eyes and discard my glasses in November. The question is, will it change anything?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home