Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Trapped

On reaching the ground floor of my apartment building this morning - on my way out to work - a trapped sparrow flew helplessly around the enclosed entrance way and eventually banged itself unconscious against one of the window planes. It lay on the ground twitching for a few seconds, and I tried to cup the little bird in my hands to put it safely outside. However, it quickly woke, and began running around the space, with me chasing it, eventually just opening one of the doors so that it could run out to freedom.
Later, I was speaking to a woman who's mother had just died, and instead of grieving for her loss, she has decided to clean up her parents house. She wants to organize it and apply the #Toyota way" so as to set up a functional, and more importantly, efficient, place to live. She told me all this, and then suddenly recalled how soft her mother's deformed hand was, and how when she used to stroke the woman's back in times of extreme distress, it would sooth and calm her incredibly quickly.
A monotone man later told me that there was nothing he liked better than to do his job, because he loved it and there was nothing he would rather be doing than making loads of money buying and selling loans on the open market. He laughed heartily when I suggested Australian wines were not to be compared to French wines,and then went on to regale me with the wonders of going on a wine tasting holiday in Bordeaux.
Upon arriving home late this evening, after dashing madly all over this overheated city, Miyu said Jay had spread dry cous cous all over the kitchen floor, sending her to her wits end and denying the little fella a pencil to hold as a magic wand.
And so it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home