Thursday, June 07, 2007

The passage of time

Yikes!
Isn't it amazing how quickly time flies? Take this blog for example. I haven't added anything since May 11th, but it only seems like last week. I suppose I have other things on my mind.
Miyu is now staggering under the ever expanding girth of her belly, and the almost constant kicking from the baby. He really is a strong 'un, I can tell you. I was watching a Karate video on YouTube last night with Miyu, and the baby began a flurry of punches that left Miyu feeling quite nausous!
Talking of activity, I dragged my not so pert arse to the gym for the first time in ages yesterday. I've now given up on ever seeing the local ward gym re-open, so have instead opted for the much posher (ie more expensive) environs of Tipness in Shibuya. Now this used to be my old grunting ground, but I gave up my membership due to the easy proximity of the very cheap ward gym. Just wasn't to be, I suppose. So, yesterday saw me back pumping iron amongst the muscle Marys and would be super models who seem to be the majority members there. It certainly is more exciting a spectacle than watching the pensioners at the public gym! I started off with a session of "Power Rush", which contrary to what it sounds like (a steroid toking raver in the throes of nirvana), involves combining aerobics with resistance traning using a barbell and weights. I opted for some light weights, as I didn't want to injure myself on my return to gymdom, and then proceeded to sweat my self through a tough class accompanied by pounding pounding techno music and a female instructor whose body seemed to consist solely of muscle and tanning lotion. As it was mid-afternoon in mid-week, I was the only male amongst an all female cast. The sensei had put me at the front of the class so that I didn't miss anything, but I think I must have taken a regular's spot, as a very annoyed looking gazell of a woman stood behind me staring daggers into my back for the whole class (I could tell due to every surface being made of glass). So, apart from feeling a constant prickling on the back of my neck, it was very good. Worked the whole body and next time I'm going to try some heavier weights so that I can really feel the burn, baby!

On a complete tangent - do unborn babies dream? And if so, does the fact they are physically attached to the mother mean that the mother can somehow share in those dreams and vice-versa? Any thoughts?

1 Comments:

Blogger Joseph Tame said...

Thanks for the inspiration / kick up the arse!

It's about time I was back in the gym. Will be joining my pensioner friends once again in the morning!

10:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home