Saturday, July 15, 2006

Melting

OK, now it's getting ridiculous. Today in Tokyo the mercury his 37c!!! Everywhere I looked, people were melting before my eyes. Nobody was smiling - there were just these pained expressions on everybodies faces as they gasped and stumbled their way to an air conditoned safety zone.
Last night I had a surprise visitor. As I sat watching a very bad movie, my eye caught movement on the window. I looked over and what should I see but a rather cute looking lizard! There's a photo of it above. Can you see it's cute little feet? Adorable.
I had a really good chat with a friend who's going through some hard times at the moment. He thinks he's turned the corner now, and is getting help. Unfortunately it means his relationship with his partner might be on the rocks, which is very sad. This was a "perfect couple", or so that was the image that was perceived by everyone. Quite a shock really, but at the same time, it just goes to show that every relationship has its ups and downs, and I should count my self lucky that I'm in a great relationship with Miyu.
Talking of whom, she'll be back after a week away tomorrow, so I'm very excited. If the weather's good on Sunday we're going to venture down to Kamakura, and have a walk around the temples and beaches down there - yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home