Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Twiddling me thumbs

Hello again,

I'm almost finished my day at Yamazaki College of Animal Health Technician (LINK)where I've spent the day doing some proofreading, researching some academic funding bodies for a Chinese team member who will be going to Oxford as a Research visitor and communicating with WSPA (World Society for the Protection of Animals)who we're trying to persuade in partially funding a badger project in China.

I finished everything in about 2 hours, but seeing as I'm contracted to work here for 9 hours every Wednesday, I've been twiddling me thumbs. Sigh, it's not that the work isn't interesting but there just isn't very much at the moment. Kaneko san, the professor who I work with, says June is going to be crazy busy, but as it's now the beginning of the academic year, she's more occupied with the new intake of students. I kinda feel guilty though, as the pay's very good, and it's a bit cheeky not "working" for it. Just the way it goes I suppose.

I'm going to be attending a going away party this weekend for friends, Jon and Sachiko, who are moving to England in June, with Isamu their little boy. Sachiko's parents have a villa up in the mountains so we're all heading up there. Last time we went everybody got so drunk we ended up making a HUGE bonfire in the garden, with all the dead wood lying around, and I think at one point I was jumping through the flames like a demented monkey. Oooh dear...

I was just thinking about how ucky I am in being with Miyu. It's been almost 2 years since we met, and we're still sooo happy together (retching allowed, I know how icky that sounds). I mean, we have the occasional argument, but nothing really serious, and I love spending time with her; she's so cool. Ahhh...I'm staring off into the distant now with a dopey smile on my face. I know another friend who's also in a similar situation, and it's just so lucky innit? Hmm, this is not very interesting to anybody apart from me, me thinks ; )

Right, gonna get my shit together and head home. Got 3 ER DVDs to watch!

2 Comments:

Blogger Joseph Tame said...

don't suppose you've got a minute to write an essay on the LDP have you?

Ahhh to be a man of leisure...!

8:01 pm  
Blogger TOK said...

Oh, I do have many minutes to write an essay about the LDP...but I'm going to choose not to!

11:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home