Monday, April 17, 2006

Owatta

My Japanese course came to an end last Friday, and it really surprised me that three months have already passed since I began the course. Have I mastered the language - no. Have I improved - yes, but still need to work on it...a lot! It's a constant battle to master a language, and now that I have the "basics", I'm trying to do one hour of study every morning, as I've found doing some study every day is better than doing lots only two or three days a week.
Now I have to look for some more work. Ideally, I'd love to do a few interesting part-time jobs, as it'll stop any one job from getting dreary, but at the same time having the security of a full-time, steady job would settle financial worries. Miyu's slowly working on her business, and she doesn't want to work for somebody else, and until money starts coming in from her business, I'm the sole bread winner. Is it fair? I think it's just what the situation is at the moment, and it's just a matter of getting on with it.
Found a cool little movie about a anti-war/Bush protest in NY by a guy called Jan Wandrag, which you should check out here - LINK
I like the way he's used the street drumming as a backing track to accompany the imagery - keeps it urgent, I feel. There's some other good stuff on his HP too, photography and mini-movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home