Sunday, September 10, 2006

Final Day

The countdown is on - T minus 1 day to our big house move over to Nakameguro. Although our heads are a bit sore from last night's dinner with Joseph (welcome "home" Mr J!), we're going to meet the housing agent today to get the keys and do a final inspection of the property after the refurbishment. All very exciting, I can tell you.
I'll miss our little box of a home in Chitosekarasuyama though. It's been home for the past 3.5 years, and although it shook alarmingly at times of earthquakes, we've been very happy here. It's quiet but only 4 minutes to the station and the local supermarket. We've got to know a few locals, including the stray cats in the nearby park, and I think I've jogged and cycled every inch of the place within a 5 mile radius.
So, it's a new beginning and I must admit, I love new beginnings. It just so coincides with the arrival of Joseph to these shores again. So good to see him again, although I'm sure he has less hair but this has been more than compensated by how far he's come in his Japanese language ability. We were both mightily impressed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joseph Tame said...

Less hair?!! Oh crikey, and I was hoping that no-one would spot it over here...

Thank you for your comments on my language ability - although bear in mind that that was only due to the steady stream of cold beers!!

Good luck with the move today, and I look forward to visitng you in your new palace.

10:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home