Sunday, December 18, 2005

Lizard

In a muggy tropical house, I spot the snake, winding it's way across the grassy floor.

Then I'm in the next room, washing my hands, and there's blood and gore, swirling around the basin, clogging the drain until it overflows, bright chunks of flesh.

Watching my friend enter the room, so many lizards converging hungrily on him, food for thought no longer.

I can't watch, and try to close the sliding door, only then looking down to see the lizard jump, biting into my hand, the hand that fed it, my baby.

Sweet pain courses through my body, sending electric shock treatment dental floss to my brain, rubbing it clear of the horror, and then falling into a black hole, swirling all around me as I chant a mantra to the lizard king.

All hail his scales, glistening in the moonlight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home