Monday, November 21, 2005

Positivity

I turned 36 yesterday (yes, happy birthday to me, blah,blah), and found myself in a real low. I felt very negative, and had a fairly miserable day, and in the process made it a miserable day for my wife.
It was only when we were talking about our life, in bed later that night, when she said I had been so negative recently, always worried about money and work. I slept on it, and realized it was true. I'd been obsessing about not earning "enough", and also being horrible to her for not working. I felt like I had to go out and find some high paying job in order to make us "happy", whilst all the while making us miserable just thinking about it.
Well, the funk is over, and I've decided to be more positive, because not only will it make it easier to be with me, but I think better things happen in life if you are open to new things and are in a good mood. People pick-up on negativity, and I think it leads to downfall. It could be why I've not been able to get anywhere with finding a new job, because I've been thinking too narrowly about where I can find work. I need to open up my way of thinking, and once again believe I can, in fact, do anything I put my mind to.
Now I just have to convince everyone it's true!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home