Tuesday, November 08, 2005

A snip at BOY

Miyu and I decided to go get our haircut yesterday at a place in Daikanyama called Boy which was very funky. My hairdresser shared the same surname as me, and he had HUGE hair! A bit like an Afro, but somehow funkier. The owner was in there - 59 y/o wearing brightly coloured combats and a very tight striped t-shirt and ornage hair. He sat and stared at Miyu for ages - she has a perfectly formed head, I kid you not, and a bit of a hairdresser's wet dream I think.

He drew me an illustration of what he was going to do, and then washed and massaged my hair(very noice), and then twirled me about in his swivel chair (ohh missus) whilst looking very bored and cutting seemingly random chunks of my hair. Surprisingly it all came good in the end, but Miyu had to stay for another 2 hours!! However, I must say the result was worth it - she looks fantastic. Asymetric cut, with a blend of purple and red colouring. I went a lot shorter, all different lengths with the back kinda swept in rather than swept out, as it was beforeBOY.

There were all these magazines in the waiting area, called ING, which the staff were very keen for us to read, and now I know why - it's published by them! It's a hairdressing mag, and it looks very nice, but I'd have preferred a bit of choice!

Anyway, all in all a great experience and it's persuaded me to go back again the next time I need a cut, which means I'll be leaving the only place I've been going to since arriving in Tokyo 3 years ago SINDEN
Not putting the place down - it was great, and I have to thank Masako for keeping my locks beautiful, but the price is right at BOY (6,000 Yen as opposed to 7,500 Yen at SINDEN), and they seem to have a better finger on the trendo metre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home