Friday, February 02, 2007

Aching and cramps

I'm sore all over at the moment, as I've been doing some training for an upcoming charity hike called "Trailwalkers", in May. I'll be posting a link to a funky HP which my friend and fellow team mate, Joseph, has set-up in order to raise funds for the walk. It's been organized by Oxfam Japan, and although there have been many such events in other countries, it'll be a first for Japan.

It's very exciting and challenging - 100km in 48 hours, starting in Odawara and ending in Yamanakako. That probably means absolutle nothing to you, but if you're familiar with the geography of those locations you'll realize it's very mountaineous. Meaning our legs are going to fall off, covered in huge blisters. So, training is called for, and Joseph and I have been meeting up to go on some runs and do some weight training.

I'm sure I'll get used to it soon, and the aching in me legs will subside, but at the moment it's pretty painful.

Coupled with my exercise induced pain, Miyu has been having some truly terrible stomach and lower back cramps recently. Got so bad that she had to go to hospital for a check-up. The doctor said the baby was fine (now about 6cm!), and couldn't really offer any explanation for the cramps. He offered to take Miyu in and monitor her, but she thought it's be better to stay home, and if it gets worse, then the hospital is only 10 minutes away.

So, we are currently the house of pain. I think I'm going to go now and break my alcohol abstinance with a glass of red wine. Should dull the pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home