Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Old house

Phew! Today was hot, and I was knackered from lack of sleep and too much of the black stuff last night. Mind you, had an interesting conversation with Shin this morning about guerilla marketing, which is something I've been thinking about recently. Shin's a good bloke, who works crazy hours and can only fit our business lessons in at 7.30am every Monday morning! I don't mind so much as it gets me up and we always end up having these brainstorming kinda sessions where we just follow our train of thoughts, taking in anything that comes to mind, and trying to find connections. Leaves me buzzing.
Later on in the morning I met up with Masaki, who's a up and coming architect with his own practice. I go to his home twice a week and we talk about current trends in architecture, which is proving a real eye opener. Check out his homepage here - LINK
Then in the afternoon, I meet up with Wakako who sells antique 60s British furniture, where we brush up on her English in preparation for a business trip to London in September. This is her cool shop here - LINK
Then it's straight onto a meeting with Chie, who's a dermatologist. We mainly discuss art, politics and religion, as she says she can't talk to anybody else about those kind of things! Her family are all doctors, and whenever they get together, all they talk about is medicine!
I then catch a train up to Nihonbashi, dead in the centre of the business district and give a couple of business English classes at AREA, a small school I work part-time at.
Then it's back home to lovely Miyu, for dinner, a chat and bed.
I like Mondays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home