Monday, May 29, 2006

Hiking in okutama and saying good-bye...

It's been a few weeks since my last entry here. Not really sure why. I think I'm incapable of regularly writing in diary/blog format. I have intense periods when I write loads, then just seem to drift away.

Anyway, went on a great hike a couple of weeks ago in the Okutama region west of Tokyo. I've been there a few times before, and apart from hiking, you can also swim in the Tama river - a great way to cool off in the summer. It was also the last time I'd be hiking with Jon, as he'll be leaving Japan this week to set-up house in France.

On the hike was Jon, Jason and Jamie (the 3 Js!!). First time to meet Jamie, a neighbour of Jason's in Yokohama. He's an Aussie, who'll also be heading out soon with his wife in tow to go back to Uni.
The weather was perfect, and we came accross a couple of snakes, three lizards and a multitude of extremely fit old folk! Japanese oldies really do put their western counterparts to shame sometimes. On the day, we saw about 4 over 60s running up and down the very steep mountain we were climbing! Puts me to shame, actually.
Amusingly, when Jason bent down to take a photo of us he ripped a huge hole in his shorts for some rear-entry action
; )
For Jon's leaving do, we went out to Ekoda, near Ikebukuro and feasted on some truly delicious Israeli food. The place was packed, and they kept on bringing food until we could eat no more. It was a bit sad, and I'll really miss the big fella, but Miyu and I now have the best excuse to holiday in France - yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home