Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Japanese studies

Just got back from my second Japanese lesson. There's supposed to be another student doing the same course as me, but I have yet to see him. Instead, a lovely German/Japanese girl called Maiko sat-in for a trial lesson. There was also another teacher today, who I think was a trainee teacher, but when I asked her if this was the case she wouldn't answer me, and quickly changed the subject. Very queer (as in strange, not gay).
Anyway, for some reason my mind just wouldn't engage today, and I felt really stupid and lost. part of the reason being I hadn't done any studying over the weekend due to having to work and attend a couple of social engagements. No excuse though - I don't want to loose this chance of learning and studying. A quick kick up me own arse!
I had a very strange dream last night. I was in a house, with Miyu, and there were loads od snakes slithering all over the place. I felt a bit scared, but the snakes just seemed to ignore me, and when it came to going to bed, I checked the bedroom and there were no snakes. I woke-up the next morning, and going to the kitchen saw that all the snakes had gone. Coming back to the bedroom, with a coffee for Miyu, I was stopped dead in my tracks by a HUGE red snake, which was asleep beneath a table, just inside the bedroom. I stood stock still, trying not to make a sound, when the snake opens it's terrible yellow eyes and looks straight at me. Silence for two seconds, then the snake goes fecking berserk! It's spazzing all over the floor, coming towards me, then changing it's mind and heading toward sleeping Miyu. I start to run after it, with some wild notion of jumping on it's back and wrestling it to submission. Just as I jump, I wake-up.
Left me feeling exhilerated, as I was scared at first, but then after I'd made-up my mind to fight the snake, really brave and strong, with no fear.
Didn't find any real snakes in the bedroom, so was able to go to school!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home